These terms and conditions specify the rights and obligations of the Bank and the customer.
These terms & conditions should be read along with the Arab Bank Credit Cards terms & Conditions.Definitions:
The Bank and related parties: Arab Bank plc(“Arab Bank / the Bank”), Visa International, MasterCard, and Service provider, and hereinafter referred to as (us).
Customer: Natural or legal person/singular, dual or plural. who has an account at the Bank and holding Arab Bank Credit Card.
Arab Bank Verified by Visa / MasterCard Secure Code Service: It is a Service that enables the Customer to shop online using Arab Bank Credit Card with additional layer of security. The Customer will create a Password for this Service, which is used to verify the customer’s identity when performing online shopping transactions, and hereinafter referred to as “the Service”, and this service is provided through Arab Bank and related parties.
The Credit Card: MasterCard/ Visa Credit Card which is issued by the Bank and enables the Customer to withdraw money and/or purchase goods and/or services.
The Participating Websites: Commercial Online websites which are participating in Verified By Visa / MasterCard Secure Code
The Password: The Password created by the Customer through the service, which will be used to verify the customer's identity during his/her online shopping on the Participating Websites.Terms and Conditions
1. By using the Service, the Customer confirms his / her agreement to these terms & conditions and all other related terms and conditions at the Customer’s full responsibility.
2. The service will be activated through:-:
- By accessing the service dedicated link available on Arab Bank website. Or - During the online shopping transaction.
- By accessing the service dedicated link available on Arab Bank website.
- During the online shopping transaction.
3. In order to activate the Service, the customer shall provide us with required information to validate his/her identity and verify that he/she is the Customer.
4. The Customer is committed to provide us with correct, accurate information when activating the Service, and to update his/her information periodically and if it changed and the Customer shall be fully responsible for any breach of this obligation.
5. In case the customer fails to activate the service during shopping for the first time, the Bank at its sole discretion/The Participating Websites has the right not to accept the payment and not proceed with the Internet shopping transaction without any responsibility whatsoever.
6. After activating the service , and in order to complete any Internet shopping transaction with Participating Websites , the customer will be requested to enter his/her Password, and if the customer fails to provide the correct Password, the payment will be rejected and the Internet shopping transaction will not be effected without any responsibility on the Bank whatsoever.
7. The service will be automatically locked in case the Password was entered more often than allowed, the customer shall refer to the Bank or contact the Call Center to re-activate the service.
8. The Customer acknowledges that the service Password is a mean of identification and when used it is considered as a direct and his / her authorization to process the online transaction. Accordingly, the Customer hereby unconditionally and irrevocably waives any objection to any transaction effected using his Credit Card and its Password for any reason whatsoever.
9. The Customer shall change the Password periodically. The Customer undertakes to keep the relevant User Name, Password, Credit Card information as confidential and private, and not to release them to anyone. The customer shall exercise extreme caution when using the service on a PC in a public place. The Customer acknowledges unconditionally and irrevocably that the Bank shall not assume any responsibility and/or damages that may arise as a consequence to the misuse of this Service or due to the customer’s breach of this obligation.
10. The Customer acknowledges that the Bank’s responsibility is limited to authorizing the payment transactions.
11. The Bank will not be responsible in the event of irregularity of the service and / or non-functionality and / or for any other reason whatsoever.